118. General Responsibility - (Advance Correction Slip No. 132 )The Permanent Way Inspector is generally responsible for:
(1) Maintenance and inspection of track in a satisfactory and safe condition for traffic.
(2) Efficient execution of all works incidental to track maintenance, including track relaying works.
(3) Accountal and periodical verification of stores and tools in his charge.
(4) Maintenance of land boundaries between stations and at unimportant stations as may be specified by the administration.
119. Knowledge of Rules and Regulations
120. Co-ordination with Works, Bridge and Staff of other Departments
121. Keeping of Materials
122. Accompanying on Inspections of Higher Officials
123. Testing of Running Qualities of Track
124. Routine inspection of Track
125. Safety of Track
126. Check on Patrolling
127. Execution of Works affecting Track
128. Action in case of Emergency
129. Inspection and maintenance of LWR/CWR Track
130. Measurement of Ballast
131. Station Yards
132. Witnessing Payment to Staff
133. Other Establishment Matters
134. Correspondence and Records
135. Relinquishment of Charge
Overall P.Way Store Incharge
Filing of Track Management System(TMS)
Duties of Permanent Way Inspector (not in overall charge)
136. General Responsibilities - (Advance Correction Slip No. 132 )The Permanent Way Inspector is generally responsible for:
(a) Inspection and maintenance of track in his jurisdiction (sub-section) in a safe and satisfactory condition for traffic, including execution of all works incidental to track maintenance.
(b) Efficient execution of Special Works, such as Renewals, Directed Track Maintenance, Curve realignment, and deep Screening, as per approved plans and specifications.
(c) He should work in the Permanent Way Inspector's office and assist the Permanent Way Inspector in overall charge as required.
137. Knowledge of Rules and Regulations- Provision of Para 119 will apply in this case also .
138. Co-ordination with Works, Bridge and Staff of Other Departments - He should keep close co-ordination with the Works, Bridge, Signalling and Electrical staff, when required to work jointly with them.
139. Routine Inspection of Track
139 A. Revised Schedule Of Inspection Of Track
140. Annual Maintenance Works
141. Check on Patrolling
142. Execution of works affecting Track
143. Action in case of Emergency
144. Maintenance of LWR/CWR Track
145. Witnessing Payments to Staff
For JE/P.Way :- (a) Three years Diploma in Civil Engineering or B.Sc. in Civil Engineering of three years duration OR (b) a combination of any sub stream of basic streams of Civil Engineering from a recognized University / Institute.
For SSE/P.Way Four Years Becholer degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University / Institute.
One Year training is compulsory at Zonal Level Training Institute in railway. During Training a stipend will be provided to all trainees
JE/P.way Initially appointed will be in Level-6 ( Basic 34500) plus others allowances like DA, HRA, TPA etc.
SSE/P.Way: Initially Will be appointed in Level- 7 ( Basic 44900).
A-3 Medical is required for SSE/JE P.way
JE/P.way Eligible for Type-III Quarter and SSe/P.way eligible of Type-IV quarter.
ARPWE Member: -
When he Joined as JE/SSE P.way in railway, Membership of “Association of Railway P.Way Engineers” given to all SSE/JE P.way.
For JE/SSE P.Way… Click Here.